Creative Medium isn’t a new product- we reviewed it here over a year ago. However, mixed media is still on the upswing, and, as I reported in my CHA trends post, using black as a substrait/background is SUPER hot right now. Imagine Crafts is spot-on with this trend with it’s line of Iridescent Creative Mediums.
From the website:
Creative Medium in clear-drying Original, sparkly Shimmer and sepia-toned Vintage are quick drying mediums that can be used for collage and more.
Creative Medium Metallic & Iridescent, in bold colors, are creamy pastes that can be stenciled, spread or dabbed on for gorgeous texture and color.
With Creative Medium Metallic & Iridescent, you can create colorful designs with stencils or freehand
- Works on a variety of surfaces — paper, acrylic, metal, wood, fabric and more
- Use a Doodlestix to add details to surfaces
- Spread easily using Palette Knives
- Smear with fingers over surfaces to add color
- Use a Palette Knife or spatula to create dimensional effects
- Blendable. Experiment using multiple colors for unique color effects
- In 4 Metallic and 6 Iridescent colors
Creative Medium can be stamped with pigment or solvent inks once dried. Creative Medium readily accepts glitter, inks and other additives when still wet. Use on canvas, metal, wood, plastic, glass, cardstock, tile, acetate and shrink plastic. Easy clean-up. Water-based; archival and acid free. Conforms to ASTM D-4236
Creative Medium is a stiff texture gel that will hold peaks. It has no discernible odor, and looks pearly white in the container.
It’s pretty unimpressive on white or light-colored papers. But on this black gesso’d surface, you can really see the CMs come alive!
Of course, I made a little video for you:
As of this post, Creative Medium is not widely available. Please check the Imagine Crafts’ website or social sites for more inquiries.
I love Creative Medium for use with my stencils- it’s stunning. I’m going to leave you with the photo that drew me in at CHA:
I think these samples are stunning.
How do you feel about the black-background trend? Would you try this product?
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018