Shimmering watercolor paints are pretty, shiny, and easy to use- just add water, right? But there are quite a few brands out there at WILDY different price points. So one evening I did an epic Periscope (you can watch the replays here even if you don’t have a smartphone or want to watch live) and my stalwart gang of Art Scopers and I did some testing.
I broke down the hour-long session into two reasonable videos- the first part, about 8 minutes long, is an overview of 5 different brands (US Artquest (formerly Pearl-Ex Palette) Twinkling H20’s, Creative Expressions, Gansai Tambi Starry, and Niji.
Take a look:
Next, we have a real demo where I swatch out each brand on three different kinds of papers- watercolor, heavy card (one sheet wonder) and Yupo (Polypropylene). And towards the end of this 12-minute video I even do a comparison on black paper and an extended swatch sheet.
Now, as I mention in the video, you have to choose which brand you like, can afford, and gives you the result you want!
I do have some handy affiliate shopping links to Amazon if you’ve made your decision!
Affiliate links for shopping:
Gansai Tambi Starry Night: http://amzn.to/22GOPLP
Pearl Ex Mica: http://amzn.to/22GODMl
US Artquest Jewels: http://amzn.to/1UC4fNT
Twinkling H2O’s: http://amzn.to/1Y0VFe9
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018