Shimmering watercolor paints are pretty, shiny, and easy to use- just add water, right? But there are quite a few brands out there at WILDY different price points. So one evening I did an epic Periscope (you can watch the replays here even if you don’t have a smartphone or want to watch live) and my stalwart gang of Art Scopers and I did some testing.
I broke down the hour-long session into two reasonable videos- the first part, about 8 minutes long, is an overview of 5 different brands (US Artquest (formerly Pearl-Ex Palette) Twinkling H20’s, Creative Expressions, Gansai Tambi Starry, and Niji.
Take a look:
Next, we have a real demo where I swatch out each brand on three different kinds of papers- watercolor, heavy card (one sheet wonder) and Yupo (Polypropylene). And towards the end of this 12-minute video I even do a comparison on black paper and an extended swatch sheet.
Now, as I mention in the video, you have to choose which brand you like, can afford, and gives you the result you want!
I do have some handy affiliate shopping links to Amazon if you’ve made your decision!
Affiliate links for shopping:
Gansai Tambi Starry Night: http://amzn.to/22GOPLP
Pearl Ex Mica: http://amzn.to/22GODMl
US Artquest Jewels: http://amzn.to/1UC4fNT
Twinkling H2O’s: http://amzn.to/1Y0VFe9
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017