One of the perennial concerns crafters face (along with storage and organization) is cleanliness. With all of the paints, inks, sprays, glues, and markers, how on earth is one to keep their workspace clean? And let’s not even mention heat embossing! So today we are going to take a closer look at the Craft Mat from Imagine Crafts and see what it can take!
Let’s take a closer look!
This is a substantial mat that measures 15 inches X 18 inches- a very generous workspace. The texture is kind of like rubber, with a bit of “give” to it and a little bit of sticky texture. It actually grips the work surface!
Here’s how it’s described on the website:
The versatile IMAGINE Crafts Craft Mat will protect your work surface while you craft your masterpieces. The large 15″ x 18″ surface area is heat and stain resistant. Clean up is a snap with soap and water. Adhesives peel right off!
The Craft Mat is heat resistant to 395 degrees F- which is in the range of most heat guns. I decided to really abuse the mat, and put it through as many “everyday craft situations” as I could!
Here’s what I tried:
It’s so much easier to SHOW you rather than tell you, so I made you this video.
I’m really happy with the way the Craft Mat resisted heat, cleaned up after REALLY difficult stains (especially the spray paint and Staz-On solvent-based ink), and wiped up after glitter and embossing. The only thing it WON’T do is sustain damage from craft knives and scissors. While it won’t replace your cutting surface, it’s a great multi-use mat for all of your everyday craft messes!
::No price information available at this time::
What do you think? Love it? Leave me a comment.
Disclosure: sample provided for review purposes.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018