I kid about my children being my “junior assistants.” But lately, my 11-year-old son has taken on a crafting identity all his own. I really wanted to share his creations- and process- with you.
“D” really enjoys playing a game called MineCraft and has been playing for the last 6 months or so.
Minecraft is a game about placing blocks to build anything you can imagine. At night monsters come out, make sure to build a shelter before that happens.
Part of the fun- and charm- of the game is creating or using objects and characters using a 16-bit video graphics. My boy has decided to decorate his middle-school locker using Perler-bead magnets. He built used the MineCraft images for inspiration & came up with these.
Just for reference- here’s an image of Creeper from the game:
What makes is so fun- and easy- is that since the images are built on the 16-bit format, my son just matched the colors and built the images Perler bead by Perler bead. (I fused them, since he’s still a bit wary of the iron.) If you have paid for the game, you can also create your own characters for the game….which then you can translate into Perler Beads.
Anyhoo, I’m super-proud of him for both his creativity and problem-solving skills.
If you’d like to create your own versions, it’s pretty simple- just click the photos, print them out, and use them as a guide to create your own. D says he thinks it’s cool that other kids might want to make his crafts.
I do, too. But not nearly as cool as he is.
(If you’d like to purchase Perler Bead supplies, please support CTD by using our affiliate links below.)
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017