I kid about my children being my “junior assistants.” But lately, my 11-year-old son has taken on a crafting identity all his own. I really wanted to share his creations- and process- with you.
“D” really enjoys playing a game called MineCraft and has been playing for the last 6 months or so.
Minecraft is a game about placing blocks to build anything you can imagine. At night monsters come out, make sure to build a shelter before that happens.
Part of the fun- and charm- of the game is creating or using objects and characters using a 16-bit video graphics. My boy has decided to decorate his middle-school locker using Perler-bead magnets. He built used the MineCraft images for inspiration & came up with these.
Just for reference- here’s an image of Creeper from the game:
What makes is so fun- and easy- is that since the images are built on the 16-bit format, my son just matched the colors and built the images Perler bead by Perler bead. (I fused them, since he’s still a bit wary of the iron.) If you have paid for the game, you can also create your own characters for the game….which then you can translate into Perler Beads.
Anyhoo, I’m super-proud of him for both his creativity and problem-solving skills.
If you’d like to create your own versions, it’s pretty simple- just click the photos, print them out, and use them as a guide to create your own. D says he thinks it’s cool that other kids might want to make his crafts.
I do, too. But not nearly as cool as he is.
(If you’d like to purchase Perler Bead supplies, please support CTD by using our affiliate links below.)
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017