Well, the title of this post says it all! Not only can you make your own Washi/Paper tape using the Xyron (that post is my how-to WITH video) but you can also take it a step further- make it scented, as well!
So here’s the story- I was walking through Marshall’s and saw this pretty scented drawer-liner. And of course, my first thought was, “Wow. I bet that would make pretty Washi tape.”
After I was done lining the drawers, I took the leftover pieces and ran them through my Xyron machine, removed the plastic covering, and then cut it into 1/2 inch strips.
As you can see, I made some sweet little tags with it. I am on an organizing bender, and I’ve sorted all of my fall/winter clothes and placed them in decorative boxes in my closet (with some scented paper, of course.) These little tags help me remember which size is in the box AND freshens the closet.
Now…wouldn’t it be nice to send a little card that smells nice? (Being mindful of your friends with sensitivities, of course!) But I think it’s a nice little surprise- kind of a throw-back to scented stationery. Would you ever try this?
If you need products to make scented washi tape, I hope you’ll use CTD affiliate links and support free content:
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017