Here’s a step-by-step tutorial to I posted on CraftsUnleashed and thought I’d share it here with you, since September is National Sewing Month.Â These little blooms look great on scrapbook pages, wearables, and home decor items. Enjoy!
Todayâ€™s post is actually an â€œAsk Jennyâ€ question I got from a readersâ€™ comment. Someone asked how to make a ribbon flower, so I thought that now would be a great time to show you a great shabby chic rose you can put on cards, gifts, or even make into jewelry. (More on that coming soon!) In the meanwhile, letâ€™s get started!
Youâ€™ll need some wire-edged ribbon, (mine is 2 inches wide), and a needle and thread. Thatâ€™s it!
And thatâ€™s it! These are particularly stunning in groupings on fabric covered books, headbands, along the necklines of clothingâ€¦really itâ€™s up to you and your imagination to get your garden of fabric roses blooming!
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017