I’ve been a jewelry maker for about 15 years. It’s funny, because almost everything that crosses my desk is fair game to become a piece of jewelry. Martha Stewart Crafts Crafter’s Clay is no exception. I molded some leaves, and they just spoke to me- so I turned them into earrings.
- Martha Stewart Crafter’s Clay (or other air-dry clay) in white, green, and brown
- Martha Stewart leaf mold
- Awl (I like the We R Memory Keepers Brad Setter)
- 6MM Swarovski faceted rondelles (or something similar.) You’ll need 6 total.
- 3MM Swarovski faceted rondelles- You’ll need 10 total.
- 4-in-1 jewelry pliers (or round-nose pliers and flush-cut pliers.)
- 6MM Jump rings- you’ll need 12 total.
- Earwires of your choice
First, you’ll need to mix up some green clay. I used a gumball-sized amount of white clay, and mixed in a pea-sized amount of green clay and a rice-grain sized amount of brown clay to make a lovely sage green. Mold 6 large leaves and 4 small leaves and let them dry overnight.
In the meanwhile, some little wrapped loop charms with the Swarovski crystals or beads of your choice. If you need a video to help you make wrapped loops, I like this one by Vicki O’Dell.
When your leaves are all dry, pierce one end of each with an awl. Open your jump rings up and thread one through the leaf and then add on a charm Use the 2-bead charms with the large leaves, and a 1-bead charm with the smaller leaves.
Before you close up the rings, thread them together to form a chain in the following order: Large, Large Large, Small, Small. On the last ring, add your earring finding and an extra charm if you like. Then close up your last jumpring.
If you need to purchase supplies to make this craft, please support CTD and use our affiliate links:
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017