I love a craft that takes only a few materials and has lots of versatility- and that describes today’s tutorial to a T. Or in this case, an”E” for envelopes. With only 6 envelopes, some adhesive, twine and a button, you can make a little booklet in which to tuck tags, photos, swatches, even coupons!
- 6 matching envelopes
- Glue Glider Pro or other tape runner
- 3-D glue dot
- 12″ of twine or hemp cord
- Scoring Board
Optional supplies to decorate:
- Nestabilities Dies and Cuttlebug v2 (Optional)
Start off by attaching all of your envelopes together- you can just lick the adhesive strip, but I like to reinforce with the Glue Glider Pro.
Attach the top flap to the bottom back side of the next envelope, like this:
Attach all six in a row. The last envelope will be the flap of the book, so you will need to score an extra line to acomodate the bulk of the book. Measure and score a line 1/4 inch from the fold, as shown:
Now, since this is the flap, we are going to want to make sure that the adhesive won’t get activated accidentally. Cut a strip of paper 4 inches by 1/2 inch and glue it over that strip.
Now, accordion-fold your book:
Fold the flap over the front of the book. Apply a 3-D Glue Dot to the flap, trapping the twine underneath it. You only need about 1/2 inch of twine as a tail.
Lastly, you’ll put a cute decorative button on TOP of the Glue Dot. Now you can wrap the twine around the book, holding it together, and wrap it around the button to secure. Now how cute is that?
To dress my envelope booklet up a bit, I decided to use some of the texture techniques from Jen Clark’s Textured Backgrounds posts.
I then used my dies to make some labels for the envelope pockets, and to dress up the flap a bit.
I think it turned out marvelously, and ‘m going to use it to hold swatches. I’m thinking ‘d like to make another, though, to hold gift tags to give as a hostess gift!
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018