This holiday season, I was all about making Cream Cheese Candies. The recipe is super simple (literally 3 ingredients and some food coloring) and it’s a family favorite. However, when I went to find my candy molds for making the little buggers, I could only find one. What’s a crafty momma to do but make her own?
Luckily, I’d used 2-part silicon mold-making compound before, and I still had some Amazing Molding Putty in my stash. (If you can’t find that brand, Mold n Pour is readily available at places like Michael’s. ) First, I gathered some Legos to make molds with.
Then you take equal parts of your compound and mash them together until they are a uniform color. I use Amazing Mold Putty because it’s silicone and therefore safe for food. Buy it here on Amazon.com: (aff) http://amzn.to/2op7XPv
Now they’re ready to go!
For each batch of candy, you’ll need:
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- a few drops of flavoring oils or 1/4 teaspoon extract (I like lemon, peppermint, and cinnamon!)
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- food coloring gel or drops
- granulated sugar for molding
Mix the flavoring, cream cheese, and food coloring all together. Then slowly add the powdered sugar until a dough forms.
To mold the candies, pick a piece of candy dough about the size of a marble. Roll it into a ball, and dip in the granulated sugar.
Press the ball into the mold, sugar side down. Remove any excess candy dough. Then invert the mold over some deli-wrap or waxed paper and carfully press the bottom to release the candy. You might need to tweak it a bit with your fingers if if got distorted with de-molding.
Here’s a video showing you how:
That’s all there is to it. They are nice little gluten-free treats for kid’s treats and lego-themed birthday parties, too.
If you need to purchase items to create this project, I hope you’ll use my affiliate link:
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017