I really love to decorate for Halloween- each year I add something special/different to my mantel display. Since I’d recently reviewed Scrapbooking Attitude, I knew it would be perfect for adding a cool, spooky vibe to my dollar-store candles!
To make this fun Halloween craft, you’ll need:
- Dollar-store candles
- Scrapbooking Attitude Printable Film & printer
- glue sticks
- Halloween paper ribbon punch (I used one from EK Success)
- black cardstock
If your images include text, you’ll need to prepare your images by reversing them- like for printing T-shirt transfers- or by flipping them horizontally. (You’ll find more information on my review of Scrapbooking Attitude here.) By the way, I scored these faboo images FREE from The Graphics Fairy. She has so many cool images to use, you should certainly check that site out!
After you print out the images, the rest is really a snap. Trim loosly around the images. and then apply glue to the printed side of the film.
Remove the backing from the film and then smooth it over the surface of the candle. Use your fingers to smooth out any bubbles or wrinkles.
Next, use some ribbon or create a paper ribbon to go around the base of the candle.
Using the glue stick, adhere the paper ribbon to the bottom of the candle. If you roll the candle a bit, you’ll find that the paper bends to conform to the candle and sticks very well.
Pretty easy, huh? And if you size the images to 4X6 inches, you can get 4 per sheet- and with dollar store pillar candles, the net price is about 2 bucks each. I think they look way more spendy than that, don’t you?
I’d love to hear your ideas and comments!
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018