I really love to decorate for Halloween- each year I add something special/different to my mantel display. Since I’d recently reviewed Scrapbooking Attitude, I knew it would be perfect for adding a cool, spooky vibe to my dollar-store candles!
To make this fun Halloween craft, you’ll need:
- Dollar-store candles
- Scrapbooking Attitude Printable Film & printer
- glue sticks
- Halloween paper ribbon punch (I used one from EK Success)
- black cardstock
If your images include text, you’ll need to prepare your images by reversing them- like for printing T-shirt transfers- or by flipping them horizontally. (You’ll find more information on my review of Scrapbooking Attitude here.) By the way, I scored these faboo images FREE from The Graphics Fairy. She has so many cool images to use, you should certainly check that site out!
After you print out the images, the rest is really a snap. Trim loosly around the images. and then apply glue to the printed side of the film.
Remove the backing from the film and then smooth it over the surface of the candle. Use your fingers to smooth out any bubbles or wrinkles.
Next, use some ribbon or create a paper ribbon to go around the base of the candle.
Using the glue stick, adhere the paper ribbon to the bottom of the candle. If you roll the candle a bit, you’ll find that the paper bends to conform to the candle and sticks very well.
Pretty easy, huh? And if you size the images to 4X6 inches, you can get 4 per sheet- and with dollar store pillar candles, the net price is about 2 bucks each. I think they look way more spendy than that, don’t you?
I’d love to hear your ideas and comments!
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017