I really love to decorate for Halloween- each year I add something special/different to my mantel display. Since I’d recently reviewed Scrapbooking Attitude, I knew it would be perfect for adding a cool, spooky vibe to my dollar-store candles!
To make this fun Halloween craft, you’ll need:
- Dollar-store candles
- Scrapbooking Attitude Printable Film & printer
- glue sticks
- Halloween paper ribbon punch (I used one from EK Success)
- black cardstock
If your images include text, you’ll need to prepare your images by reversing them- like for printing T-shirt transfers- or by flipping them horizontally. (You’ll find more information on my review of Scrapbooking Attitude here.) By the way, I scored these faboo images FREE from The Graphics Fairy. She has so many cool images to use, you should certainly check that site out!
After you print out the images, the rest is really a snap. Trim loosly around the images. and then apply glue to the printed side of the film.
Remove the backing from the film and then smooth it over the surface of the candle. Use your fingers to smooth out any bubbles or wrinkles.
Next, use some ribbon or create a paper ribbon to go around the base of the candle.
Using the glue stick, adhere the paper ribbon to the bottom of the candle. If you roll the candle a bit, you’ll find that the paper bends to conform to the candle and sticks very well.
Pretty easy, huh? And if you size the images to 4X6 inches, you can get 4 per sheet- and with dollar store pillar candles, the net price is about 2 bucks each. I think they look way more spendy than that, don’t you?
I’d love to hear your ideas and comments!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017