This craft ran last year on CraftsUnleashed.com- but I thought you all might like to see it here on CTD. Get your fabric scrap ready, and make a guest book/open house/autograph book that will be a treasured keepsake!
Yesterday I showed you how to use recycled fabric to make shabby-chic flowers. Today, I’m going to show you how a few of these blooms and some pearly accents can transform a standard guest book into a personalized centerpiece.
- Victoria Lynn Guestbook
- Fabric scraps from the bridal and bridesmaid’s alterations
- Felt for the flower bases
- Flower stamens and/ or Jewels
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
Start by making flowers using the tutorial I shared with you here. I used 3 small ones (based on felt circles the size of a quarter), 3 medium ones, and 4 large ones. Next, I took the pearl stamens and cut them in half. Hot glue them to the back of the large and medium flowers.
Next, prep your guestbook. I wasnâ€™t digging the heart embellishment, so I carefully cut the plastic bar that held it to the tulle. (There was some glue, too, but it pulled away easily. I decided to leave the tulle. It added a little more interest.
Start hot gluing your fabric rosettes in a diagonal pattern, from upper left to lower right. Place the large rosettes first, then fill in with the medium-sized ones, then the smallest ones to fill in the empty spaces.
Thatâ€™s it. It took me about an hour to make my flowers, and only 20 minutes to prep the book and glue it all together. Now isnâ€™t this nicer that just a plain, white book? And come to think of it, you could whip up one of these in your graduate’s school colors for graduation open houses and partie, or baby showers well-just about anything. Have fun!
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018