My kiddos need to take lunch money to school everyday- either for buying hot lunch or for milk money. Since they can’t really be trusted with loose money in their pockets- and they’ve lost every “real” wallet they’ve ever had- I made some duct tape coin pouches.
I have some of this cool patterned duct tape on hand, but you can use the plain ol’ silver if that’s what you’ve got. You’ll also need a pair of good non-stick scissors- I like the ones by Westcott. To make the closure, you can either go fancy (like I did) and set a snap- but it’s also just as easy to glue some hook-and-loop tape to keep the pouch closed.
So here’s how I made it:
Lay a 10 inch piece of duct tape on your work surface, sticky side up. Place another piece, same size, on top overlapping by 1/2, like it the picture above. (The piece you just put down will also have 1/2 of it’s width exposed and sticky, but face down.) Do the same to cover up the other side of the exposed duct tape. Now flip your duct tape fabric over.
What you have is piece of duct tape fabric! Trim off the jagged edges.
Place a piece of tape over each of the cut ends to finish them off.Â Then fold one edge up 4 inches and crease with the back of a spoon.
Place another piece of tape along each of the two open edges to make the pouch.Â Trim the tape as shown. Fold the top edge down to make the flap. Crease with a spoon, and then set your snap OR use some nice self-adhesive hook-and-loop tape (or glue it on with E-6000.)
If you need some cool Duck Brand Duct Tape to make your pouches, please use CTD affiliate links:
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018