After school is always a kind of hectic time for my household. The kids burst in, tired from their day and walk home, and the first thing they do is as “what’s for snack??” So I make a quick snack menu to hang so that they know right away and I can cut down on the mayhem!
I started out with a slate cheese tray that has rope handles. (I found it in the close-out bin at my craft store.) But you could also try drilling holes into a piece of slate you have OR paint a piece of foamcore board with chalkboard paint and then poke holes and thread some jute macrame’ cord to create the hanging handle and the clothespin storage.
I use my Chalk Ink Wet Wipe Markers to write 3 offerings- fruit, crackers, and the ‘special of the day.’ We have fruit and crackers most often, but you can of course write in what works for your family.
Then for the “Special of the Day” I created clothespins with chalkboard paper circles attached to them- so I can write in what the “special” is!
Again, you can wipe those clean too. I write in “cookies,” “yogurt,” “Chex Mix” etc. I can clip the plain side of the pin (circle facing the back) to the appropriate snack or write in the “special” and clip it to that spot. And -viola- snack-time crisis averted!
Have fun, and let me know if you use a system like this for your kids!
Support CTD by using our affiliate links when shopping for supplies to make this craft:
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017