Last week I shared my overview of the new dry adhesives from Aleene’s (ILoveToCreate) and one of my faves was Tacky Line Roll– fun on a roll, my friends! I was smitten with using it for glitter and foils..and you know how I am with Homemade Washi tape…so I designed these holiday tags using both of my favorite things!
To make them, you’ll need:
- Tacky Line Roll by Aleene’s
- Manilla folders OR cardstock
- Tag die and machine OR template OR spare tag to trace
- Non-stick scissors (I prefer Westcott)
- Homemade Washi Tape (see my tutorial here) OR
- Washi/ Paper Tapes
- Glitter and/or mylar-backed foils
- Stamps & ink
I have some old manilla folders to use up, but you can use white or ivory cardstock as a base. First, cut your base paper into approximately 4X6″ pieces. I chose this size because it worked will with the Sizzix die that I used. Using your washi or paper tape, create lines across the short width of you paper. Leave little gaps for the Tacky Line Roll Tape.
Next, cut out your tags. If you are tracing by hand flip the cardstock over and trace on the back side. Or cut rectangles that are 2.25 by 4.75 inches. Do whatever is simplest!
Then, position the Tacky Line Roll tape in your blank spaces. Because the backing plastic is clear, you can put it right where you want it. Trim off the ends with non-stick scissors.
Handy Tip: If you are using glitter, you can use your finger to burnish the glitter into the tape and it will get all smooth and metallic-looking!
Lastly, add some stamping- you can add “to & from” or a sentiment. You can also add a quick mist of a glimmer spray to make it even more shimmery. It’s up to you! Just add a ribbon or some yarn and they are ready to go!
You can find the star of this project, Aleene’s Tacky Line Roll, at Michael’s Craft Stores or at ILoveToCreate.com– as well as their other dry and wet adhesives.
Disclosure: sponsored post.
If you are considering purchasing products to make this craft, I’d appreciate it if you used my affiliate links:
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017