Christmas is a big family affair here at my household. My son’s birthday is Christmas Eve, so usually we have my parents sleeping over so that on Christmas morning, we all have breakfast together. This year, Dollar General offered me a chance to make my decorating easier- and on a budget- with Dollar General Holiday décor!
So with a $20 gift card in hand, I headed out to my brand-spanky-new Dollar General to pick up some items! I made a little video to show you what I purchased:
My husband and I recently had taken a trip to London, and I saw English Crackers in every store. You really cannot find things like that in my town, so I thought I’d use the idea as a springboard for my Christmas Morning table- English Cracker Place Settings!
I really loved those cranberry-color chargers. And I used the tissue paper, ribbon, wrapping paper (and tube) to make the crackers.
I used those mini flashlights, party poppers, and tissue to make the favors inside, too!
I even used some of the leftover tissue paper to make the embellishment on the cracker! I set the table with each person’s party favor and name at their spot. I think it’s lovely!
By the way, if you’d like to see exactly how I made the English Crackers, click the link.
They have a Facebook page too, where you can keep up with new merch and great deals: https://www.facebook.com/dollargeneral.
I really enjyed my shopping trip to Dollar General- they had an amazing selection of Holiday decorating items, gifts, food stuffs, and even crafts and greeting cards! I certainly will be shopping there again, getting my crafty supplies on a budget!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018