Disclosure: this is not a sponsored review. I paid for these products with my own funds and my opinion is based on my first-hand experience with the product. You may have different results.
I first became aware of the Hero Arts Ombre Ink Pads from Jennifer McGuire- she raves about them! So when I saw them at the Ink Pad in NYC on a Crafty Field Trip, I snapped up a few. Since I had just gotten the Simon Says Stamp Celebrations Card Kit in the mail, it seemed like a perfect time to try them out and play with my new stamps.
First, let’s take a look:
Here’s how they are described on the website:
Hero Arts-Ombre Ink Pad. Experience The Gradation Of Color In Vibrant Dye Ink! Fade Resistant On Glossy Papers. Waterproof For Watercolor And Markers. Dries Permanently And Quickly On Most Papers. This Package Contains One 2X3 Inch Ink Pad. Comes In A Variety Of Colors. Each Sold Separately. Conforms To Astm D 4236 And En-71. Acid Free. Archival Quality. Made In Usa.
The best way to tell you about them is to SHOW you- so here’s a review video for you:
And now those swatches and stills again:
I did make some cards, too:
So at the end of the day, I don’t really love them. Right now they are on Amazon.com for $10-11 dollars… and that’s kind of alot for a “so-so” result for me. I like the ones with a more pronounced ombre the best- the Pool to Navy and Orange To Butter seem to have the most impact- but a more striking color gradation might be more striking.
After some consideration, I think I’ll pull out my Kaleidacolor Stamp Pads (link to review) one more time… they are not ombre per se, but they do have fun color gradations and I think the quality of the ink is somewhat better.
But of course this is just my opinion. I’d love to hear from YOU if you’ve used them… or what you might like better, too. Leave me a comment!
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017