Friends, when you are crafting, messes happen. Sticky mats get gooey, tables get crusty, scissors get sticky… you know how it is. I’ve tried baby wipes and alcohol wipes to clean up my stickiest messes- you know, the leftover tape runner on the desk and the adhesive residue that is left behind on my snips- but they don’t really work. Fortunately, the folks at Helmar USA have brought us an aeosol-based, citrus smelling residue cleaner-offer (yes, that’s a technical term) called REMOVE cleaner.
So let’s learn a little more about it, shall we? From the website:
Cleans adhesive laden surfaces. Such as embroidery hoops, needles, frames, tabletops, quilting frames, stencils, screen printing pallets, etc. Removes sticky stuff like stickers, sticking tape adhesive residue from hard surfaces.
Remove is a natural product that leaves a pleasant citrus smell when used.
It also works exceptionally well as a general purpose spray & wipe cleaner.
Available size: 284g (US 10.00 oz) Aerosol Spray
I gave REMOVE cleaner the ol’ sniff test- I used a few sprays to clean up that table you see in the photo above. There is a nice, citrus-y smell- SO much better than chemically spray cleaners. And it wiped up cleanly with both paper towels and terry cloth towels- I didn’t detect any residue.
I’ve got a number of sticky messes to clean up- so I made a video so you can see it in action!
Now…of course I took some photos of the “before” and “afters,” too.
So…wanna see what I scraped off of that Cricut mat?? Be prepared, it’s super-gross!
Bottom line- I received this product at CHA Summer back in July, and have used it almost weekly since then. It retails for $13.50 USD, which is a bit pricey, but seeing as how I got new life from that mat, it’s like I actually saved money!
What do you think- can you see uses for this product in your crafting? I’d love to hear from you in the comments!
Disclosure: Sample provided for review. Opinions are honest and 100% my own.
If you’d like to purchase this product, please use our affiliate link and save some cash!
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017