Friends, when you are crafting, messes happen. Sticky mats get gooey, tables get crusty, scissors get sticky… you know how it is. I’ve tried baby wipes and alcohol wipes to clean up my stickiest messes- you know, the leftover tape runner on the desk and the adhesive residue that is left behind on my snips- but they don’t really work. Fortunately, the folks at Helmar USA have brought us an aeosol-based, citrus smelling residue cleaner-offer (yes, that’s a technical term) called REMOVE cleaner.
So let’s learn a little more about it, shall we? From the website:
Cleans adhesive laden surfaces. Such as embroidery hoops, needles, frames, tabletops, quilting frames, stencils, screen printing pallets, etc. Removes sticky stuff like stickers, sticking tape adhesive residue from hard surfaces.
Remove is a natural product that leaves a pleasant citrus smell when used.
It also works exceptionally well as a general purpose spray & wipe cleaner.
Available size: 284g (US 10.00 oz) Aerosol Spray
I gave REMOVE cleaner the ol’ sniff test- I used a few sprays to clean up that table you see in the photo above. There is a nice, citrus-y smell- SO much better than chemically spray cleaners. And it wiped up cleanly with both paper towels and terry cloth towels- I didn’t detect any residue.
I’ve got a number of sticky messes to clean up- so I made a video so you can see it in action!
Now…of course I took some photos of the “before” and “afters,” too.
So…wanna see what I scraped off of that Cricut mat?? Be prepared, it’s super-gross!
Bottom line- I received this product at CHA Summer back in July, and have used it almost weekly since then. It retails for $13.50 USD, which is a bit pricey, but seeing as how I got new life from that mat, it’s like I actually saved money!
What do you think- can you see uses for this product in your crafting? I’d love to hear from you in the comments!
Disclosure: Sample provided for review. Opinions are honest and 100% my own.
If you’d like to purchase this product, please use our affiliate link and save some cash!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018