National Craft Month was started by the craft industryÂ to spotlight the fact that over half of US homes (56%) have crafting going on in them. Since it’s inception in 1994, however, crafters have really embraced the month as a chance (excuse?) to try new crafts, share their crafting with others, and acknowledge the significance that crafting has in our lives. Whether its’ documenting our lives with scrapbooking, strengthening intergenerational bonds by teaching our children and grandchildren knitting and crochet, or using our crafting time as therapy, National Craft Month is our chance to speak up for the crafts we love and be proud of of the crafts we have created.
This year it’s starting with a bang, as I am on my way to NYC today to attend the Martha Stewart Show Craft Hour. Yes, tomorrow’s show will be all about CRAFTS and I will be there with bells on. (Don’t forget to visit my Facebook Fan Page– I’ll be updating that throughout my trip, and I’ll be tweeting live from the show, too, using the hashtag #MSCraftShow.
I’m also being sponsored by ConsumerCrafts.com, and they’ve planned for a fun day tomorrow with giveaways during the show! How cool is that?? You’ll want to follow them on Facebook and Twitter, as well.
Another way I”m getting the party started (to coin a phrase) is I’m hosting a linky party (That will go live a 12 Noon EST today!). Just follow the link and you can post a picture and a link of some of your favorite crafts and posts. (Maximum 3 per person, please.) Then at the end of the month, I”ll be giving away a HUGE swag bag of stuff I got at CHA– including an autographed apron signed by all your favorite craft celebs.
Tomorrow I’m traveling to NYX to attend the Martha Stewart Show LIVE and report back on all wonderful things I learn on the Craft Hour. Make sure you tune in and follow along on my Facebook Page and Twitter- I’ll be posting in real time!
And a big THANK YOU to ConsumerCrafts.com, who is sponsoring my trip! It just so happens that they have a great selection of Martha Stewart Crafts supplies at amazing prices!
Later this month, I’ll be hosting an Elmers “Craft-n-Tell” party. I’ll make sure you don’t feel left out- there will be some “goodie bags” set aside for my blog readers and twitter followers, too!
And of course, all month I’ll be churning out reviews and projects to keep you inspired, as well as start a new feature- “Spotlight Sunday” where I shine a spotlight on an awesome crafter or blog. (And you know where I”m looking first, right? YES! My linky party!)
Do you think I’ll even have time to celebrate my birthday on the 20th?? I hope so!
In the meantime link up and stay tuned….tomorrow is Martha day!!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018