Today is Jackson Pollack’s birthday…. why not celebrate it by making a Pollack-inspired piece of artwork? I found this nifty place where you can make your own Pollack-esque digital art. Just drag around your mouse and virtual “paint” drips and runs where ever you move your mouse. To change colors, simply right-click your mouse. Fun!Or, if you have some extra paint on hand, try it out yourself. Jackson liked to use house paint. (I have enough leftover house paint to make enough splatter art to fill the Louvre).
Or here’s an idea….if you have left over fingernail polish in colors you’ll never wear again, use those. Then let it dry, cut into long strips, mat on a piece of solid color cardstock, and give out some wicked-cool bookmarks!
Whether or not you think Pollack’s artwork is genius or the work of an angry drunkard, he gives us something to talk about.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018