Yesterday I shared my review and video overview of Scrapbooking Attitude by Avatrex- that whole “printable film” thing is wicked cool! And if you remember, what I was most excited about was not its uses for paper, but for cool substrates like leather, wood, and craft foam. As I was doing my swatch tests, I kind of fell in love with the idea of upcycling one of my older handbags- a boring little brown bag- into something hip and high-end using Scrapbooking Attitude!
I thought maybe I’d share how I did it and perhaps inspire you to save your pennies and transform your accessories!
- Scrapbooking Attitude Printable Film (two sheets)
- Ink Jet Printer (I used my Epson Stylus Photo R2000) and the ability to flip the image horizontally if it has text
- Glue Stick
- Craft Blade
- Light-colored handbag with a relatively smooth texture.
Apply your gluestick right to the printed image- I didn’t see any smudging or smearing! Make sure you apply it all the way beyond the image.
Now remove the carrier paper- you might need to have a pin handy for this- and place the film glue side down onto the handbag. Smooth the film down with your fingers, working from the center of the image outward to smooth out wrinkles and bubbles.
If you need to trim bits away, a sharp craft knife does the trick. The best part is that when you’ve got it glued down, you’re done! There’s no curing or waiting time. You are ready to go!
I used an “all over” scattered-print pattern on the front:
And a larger version of the print on the back:
I’m thrilled with the way my handbag turned out- it was literally in the “donate” pile ready to go to charity, but now I’m going to carry my purse another season. I love it when a craft project is green and stylish, don’t you?
I’d love to hear your comments on my project or answer any questions you might have. Thanks for stopping by and thank you to Scrapbooking Attitude for sponsoring this post!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Scrapbooking Attitude and Blueprint social. But all opinions are my own and I would not work with a product that I wouldn’t use otherwise.
Check out some of the cool other Scrapbooking Attitude projects, and click the link to visit the site to learn more about it!
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY & GIVEAWAY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017