Here’s another super-adorable book by Irreference (a Quirk Books Site): it’s Creepy-Cute Crochet: Zombies, Ninjas, Robots and More! As soon as this book hit my door, my 9-year-old son grabbed and began frantically thumbing through it.
Then came The List. As in, this is “The List” of items he expected to make for me. In order. For real.
(God bless my son, he really thinks that I can make absolutely everything in just about no time flat. Oh, the sweet naivete of youth!)
So that being said, sadly I DON’T know how to do amigurumi crochet. But after I looked through this book- man, oh, man I want to!!
This book is chock-full of the cutest little stuffed creatures, ranging in difficulty from “beginner” to “epic.” (Really. Epic.) Most of the patterns start with the same base- a basic head and a basic body, with each stuffie sporting it’s own unique permutation.
Take a look at some of the interior pages:
You can see from the above photos that there are both written direction in Crochet-ese, plus a visual graph chart if you like that method better. In addition, each project shows you what materials you’ll need, and there are cute little tips and techniques scattered throughout. There are also patterns for making the non-yarn accessories, mostly fashioned form polymer clay.
So, even though I am not quite ready for this book, I feel like with a basic class I could dive right into these “easy” projects. Some don’t even change colors!Â And the writing style is very engaging, fun, and I guarantee you’ll feel hip just READING this book.
So… now for the fun part: I have TWO of these books to give away! (Thank you, Eric!) Here’s the rules-1)Â leave a comment for a chance to win tthis super-cute book. For a SECOND chance, grab my button (see them it over there on the upper right? Yeah, that’s new…) and put it on YOUR blog. Just leave me a comment with your URL so I can come check it. Fun, right? OK, GO!
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK OUT THE WINNER HERE.
Fine print: Open to US & Canadian residents only. Winner will be drawn at random on Friday, October 22 around 9 EST. These books were provided by the publisher for the purposes of promotion.
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018