I took my beloved son to Half Price Books the other day. (It was his treat for good behavior at school.) While he was picking out some fresh reads, I was checking out the crafty section. I hit paydirt!
I was checking out the polymer clay titles, and ran across “Faux Surfaces in Polymer Clay” by Irene Semanchuk Dean. I had been oogling this book over at Amazon, but I balked at the $28.00 price tag. I found it at Half-Price Books for only $6.98! Whoo-hoo!
I had a chance to pour over the book with a hot cuppa on Mother’s Day, and the book is worth full price. Irene gives “recipes” for bone, Balinese silver, ivory, abalone, leather, marble, and agate, among others. She also then provides a project to try for each recipe, with no duplications. The pictures area lovely, and the directions seem clear.
I don’t get to my studio for a few days yet, but I’m inspired to get to playing.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018