I took my beloved son to Half Price Books the other day. (It was his treat for good behavior at school.) While he was picking out some fresh reads, I was checking out the crafty section. I hit paydirt!
I was checking out the polymer clay titles, and ran across “Faux Surfaces in Polymer Clay” by Irene Semanchuk Dean. I had been oogling this book over at Amazon, but I balked at the $28.00 price tag. I found it at Half-Price Books for only $6.98! Whoo-hoo!
I had a chance to pour over the book with a hot cuppa on Mother’s Day, and the book is worth full price. Irene gives “recipes” for bone, Balinese silver, ivory, abalone, leather, marble, and agate, among others. She also then provides a project to try for each recipe, with no duplications. The pictures area lovely, and the directions seem clear.
I don’t get to my studio for a few days yet, but I’m inspired to get to playing.
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017