Anyhoo, one of my new sisters on City-O-Clay tipped me off to this site where you can calculate your Chinese Zodiac. (Don’t believe everything those restaurant placemats tell you!!!) Go find your Zodiac animal, make peace with it, (I’m a dog. Go figure.) and see if your animal inspires your craftiness.
Or, just get some Asian mojo going with these festive Lunar New Year crafts:
- Try an Easy Paper Lantern on About.com Family Crafts
- Make Lucky Red Envelopes to hold some cool cash (I would do this in felt w/ embroidery for adults… and put in some “get lucky” coupons, if you know what I mean, wink wink nudge nudge.)
- Cut out a Spring Mobile (does double duty!)
- Whip up a Fortune Cookie pin… and make up your own fortune for the new year!
It’s the year of the Rat – make of it what you will!
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017