Hi!! My name is Christine and I am the Host of Scrap Time!! Today I am here at Craft Test Dummies to share a review with you on the book ‘Wee Wonderfuls’ by Hillary Lang!
I love Handmade Dolls!! I had a pile of my daughter’s clothing and I though instead of giving it away, I would use the fabric to make my own dolls! I then came across this book, ‘Wee Wonderfuls‘ by Hillary Lang and I was immediately drawn to the pictures on the cover so I ordered it from a Canadian Book seller. When it arrived I was so excited to get started!
The book has great colourful pictures of the finished projects. As well, there is step by step instructions, plus diagrams to give you a visual on what you should be doing! I loved that the patterns were at the back of the book and you just needed to trace them out onto paper. No photocopying or resizing necessary!
The first doll I made was the Tag Along Doll. Hillary lists the fabrics to use. She uses a lot of wool felt. Since I was using Gemma’s old clothing, I changed some of the fabrics, including using a cotton for her face and cord for her hair. As well, the dolls dress is made using the hem of one of Gemma’s dresses, so I was able to skip a few steps there as well. This doll took me about 3 hours to make and I absolutely love it!!
Next I made this Cute Bear Marian! Again, instead of using wool felt I used a linen from one of Gemma’s skirts. This bear had a lot more hand sewing involved. His head, neck and arms are all sewn on by hand. Although he is a little guy, this bear took me about 5 hours to make, but I think he is adorable!!
There are so many more dolls I want to try from the book! If you have ever thought about making your own dolls or animals I would highly recommend ‘Wee Wonderfuls’ by Hillary Lang!! The patterns and instructions are easy to follow and the designs are fabulous!!
I hope I have inspired you!! Please visit me at Scrap Time for the latest videos on new products, tool demos and fun techniques in the Paper Crafting Industry!!
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017