Hi!! My name is Christine and I am the Host of Scrap Time!! Today I am here at Craft Test Dummies to share a review with you on the book ‘Wee Wonderfuls’ by Hillary Lang!
I love Handmade Dolls!! I had a pile of my daughter’s clothing and I though instead of giving it away, I would use the fabric to make my own dolls! I then came across this book, ‘Wee Wonderfuls‘ by Hillary Lang and I was immediately drawn to the pictures on the cover so I ordered it from a Canadian Book seller. When it arrived I was so excited to get started!
The book has great colourful pictures of the finished projects. As well, there is step by step instructions, plus diagrams to give you a visual on what you should be doing! I loved that the patterns were at the back of the book and you just needed to trace them out onto paper. No photocopying or resizing necessary!
The first doll I made was the Tag Along Doll. Hillary lists the fabrics to use. She uses a lot of wool felt. Since I was using Gemma’s old clothing, I changed some of the fabrics, including using a cotton for her face and cord for her hair. As well, the dolls dress is made using the hem of one of Gemma’s dresses, so I was able to skip a few steps there as well. This doll took me about 3 hours to make and I absolutely love it!!
Next I made this Cute Bear Marian! Again, instead of using wool felt I used a linen from one of Gemma’s skirts. This bear had a lot more hand sewing involved. His head, neck and arms are all sewn on by hand. Although he is a little guy, this bear took me about 5 hours to make, but I think he is adorable!!
There are so many more dolls I want to try from the book! If you have ever thought about making your own dolls or animals I would highly recommend ‘Wee Wonderfuls’ by Hillary Lang!! The patterns and instructions are easy to follow and the designs are fabulous!!
I hope I have inspired you!! Please visit me at Scrap Time for the latest videos on new products, tool demos and fun techniques in the Paper Crafting Industry!!
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017