Hello, Crafters! It’s Earth Week, and that means a special spotlight on a “green” or Earth-friendly tool or product is in order. So today, I’m turning my attention to X-Acto 9-inch Recycled Scissors.
X-ACTO9” Recycled Scissors are crafted with the same materials and attention to detail as our blades and other cutting tools. High quality steel and razor sharp edges allow for optimum performance and durability. Additionally, the plastic handles are made from recycled material.
Our 9 Inch Recycled Scissors are an excellent, all-purpose pair of scissors for use around the home or at the office. The high quality construction ensures smooth, precise cuts that will never rip or tear at your material.
While the handles are recycled, don’t be fooled into thinking that somehow the blades are less than the sharp precision blades that we are used to from the X-Acto brand. Take a look:
And shhh! Don’t tell, but I did try them on some neckties, too:
I used them to make some luggage cozies, and found that they were great all-round scissors for trimming fabric, threads, etc:
Now, finding these may be a challenge. I haven’t seen them in stores, and I only found one resource on Amazon.com- but they were under 4 bucks!
So if you are looking to make your world a “greener” place, you can do so just by being mindful about your scissors purchase!
Disclosure: sample provided for review.
If you are considering purchasing this product, please support CTD by clicking our affiliate links:
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017