Hello, Crafters! It’s Earth Week, and that means a special spotlight on a “green” or Earth-friendly tool or product is in order. So today, I’m turning my attention to X-Acto 9-inch Recycled Scissors.
X-ACTO9” Recycled Scissors are crafted with the same materials and attention to detail as our blades and other cutting tools. High quality steel and razor sharp edges allow for optimum performance and durability. Additionally, the plastic handles are made from recycled material.
Our 9 Inch Recycled Scissors are an excellent, all-purpose pair of scissors for use around the home or at the office. The high quality construction ensures smooth, precise cuts that will never rip or tear at your material.
While the handles are recycled, don’t be fooled into thinking that somehow the blades are less than the sharp precision blades that we are used to from the X-Acto brand. Take a look:
And shhh! Don’t tell, but I did try them on some neckties, too:
I used them to make some luggage cozies, and found that they were great all-round scissors for trimming fabric, threads, etc:
Now, finding these may be a challenge. I haven’t seen them in stores, and I only found one resource on Amazon.com- but they were under 4 bucks!
So if you are looking to make your world a “greener” place, you can do so just by being mindful about your scissors purchase!
Disclosure: sample provided for review.
If you are considering purchasing this product, please support CTD by clicking our affiliate links:
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018