I tend toward the flamboyant and glamorous. So why shouldn’t my fall decorations reflect that?? (Or in other words, I couldn’t make a “normal”- looking pumpkin topiary. I tried.)
If you like over-the-top, this pumpkin topiary is for you!
- 3 “Funkin” faux pumpkins in 3 sizes
- black feathers
- black satin ribbon
- glue-on gems
- black tulle
- hot-fix crystals and setter
- glue gun & LOTS of sticks
- glitter glue
- plastic spiders
- ….and whatever else YOU like!
I started by cutting strips of ribbon and hot-gluing them to the top and bottom of the largest pumpkin. I hot-glued the large rhinestones in a band around the middle.
Now, I got impatient and hot-glued all of my pumpkins together next. (My funkins have holes in the bottoms, so they were easy to stack. You might have to use a carving knife and cut your own holes, though.) I recommend, however, don’t stack and glue them until you’ve decorated each one! I had to stand up and hot-fix crystals for an hour….just sayin…
But I digress. I added some black feathers between the bottom and middle pumpkins…and then added an “R” monogram to the middle one. (Monograms are still “hot” and oh-so-glam!) I just free-handed the “r”, but you could use a stencil.
Also, in retrospect, I should have used black crystals on the monogram…but…live and learn. I “auditioned” a crystal sticker on the top pumpkin, but abandoned it in favor of scattered black hot-fix crystals. I also hot-glued some black tulle in between the top and middle pumpkins, adding a little “collar.”
I finished up by adding glitter-glue “spiderwebs” on the middle pumpkin and added some little plastic spiders, and a stuffed crow on top.
To display, I plopped it on a resin urn and wrapped a maribou boa around it.
Over the top? Yes. Super “me?” You betcha.
What would YOU add to YOUR pumpkin topiary?
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018