There were so many cool GITD items to talk about in yesterday’s post, I just couldn’t get to them all.Â So here’s another batch of glow-in-the-dark goodness for you!
Thread, Floss, and Yarns
I LOVE glow in the dard threads…all of my Halloween wall-hangings have quilted spiderwebs for quilting. You can also do rockin’ machine embroidery or monogramming with this cool thread, too. And it’s not just for Halloween anymore- with these sweet pastel colors, you can use it for baby quilts, books, appliques, etc.
Most major thread companies have glow in the dark thread, including Coats, Guterman/Sulky, Madeira, and YLI, so take your pick of your favorites! What a fun and inexpensive way to add a bit of magic to fairy wings, superhero masks, and personalized tote bags.
You hand-embroiderers, don’t despair! DMC has a GITD embroidery floss.
Paints and Decoupage
Oh, how we love GITD paints! I used the Stickles version on a black Halloween banner that I got at the closeout store. So for that little $1.25 tube of paint, I really tricked out my sign!
I could go on for DAYS about paints, but here are a few name brands that have glow paints- and a few notes:
- Decoart– Acrylic, sold in 2 oz. bottles, and can even be used with Styrofoam for your science projects!
- Palmer Prism- Acrylic, comes in mulit-color strips of 1/2 oz each, or 2 oz. bottles.
- Mod Podge- Our favorite glue/sealer comes in GITD. Glowy paper mache, anyone?
- Tulip Fabric Paints- sold in neon/glow sets, for pimping our your threads & sneaks.
One last breath-taking thought: buy luminescent particles and make your own “glow”- I’m thinking about adding it to resins, maybe? At Glow Inc, they’ve got numerous colors, and let you know if the particulates are compatible with water-based media or solvent-based media. I think I’d feel like a mad scientist playing with these!
And let’s not forget the wiggly eyes..From S&S WorldWide
Or pony beads…From Oriental Trading Co.
Or Alphabet beads!!!From S&S Worldwide
OK, enough is enough already. But feel free to leave a comment letting me know what your favorite GITD craft or product is, especially if I left it out! Happy Crafting, y’all!
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017