There were so many cool GITD items to talk about in yesterday’s post, I just couldn’t get to them all.Â So here’s another batch of glow-in-the-dark goodness for you!
Thread, Floss, and Yarns
I LOVE glow in the dard threads…all of my Halloween wall-hangings have quilted spiderwebs for quilting. You can also do rockin’ machine embroidery or monogramming with this cool thread, too. And it’s not just for Halloween anymore- with these sweet pastel colors, you can use it for baby quilts, books, appliques, etc.
Most major thread companies have glow in the dark thread, including Coats, Guterman/Sulky, Madeira, and YLI, so take your pick of your favorites! What a fun and inexpensive way to add a bit of magic to fairy wings, superhero masks, and personalized tote bags.
You hand-embroiderers, don’t despair! DMC has a GITD embroidery floss.
Paints and Decoupage
Oh, how we love GITD paints! I used the Stickles version on a black Halloween banner that I got at the closeout store. So for that little $1.25 tube of paint, I really tricked out my sign!
I could go on for DAYS about paints, but here are a few name brands that have glow paints- and a few notes:
- Decoart– Acrylic, sold in 2 oz. bottles, and can even be used with Styrofoam for your science projects!
- Palmer Prism– Acrylic, comes in mulit-color strips of 1/2 oz each, or 2 oz. bottles.
- Mod Podge– Our favorite glue/sealer comes in GITD. Glowy paper mache, anyone?
- Tulip Fabric Paints– sold in neon/glow sets, for pimping our your threads & sneaks.
One last breath-taking thought: buy luminescent particles and make your own “glow”- I’m thinking about adding it to resins, maybe? At Glow Inc, they’ve got numerous colors, and let you know if the particulates are compatible with water-based media or solvent-based media. I think I’d feel like a mad scientist playing with these!
And let’s not forget the wiggly eyes..
Or pony beads…
Or Alphabet beads!!!
OK, enough is enough already. But feel free to leave a comment letting me know what your favorite GITD craft or product is, especially if I left it out! Happy Crafting, y’all!
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017