I recently bought some new rubber stamps and they are perfect for coloring. However, using markers can be a bit challenging and I was ready to pull out my colored pencils again. Recently Jennifer McGuire mentioned Gamsol- a colorless, odorless mineral spirit used for blending pencils and I thought it would be fun to try out!
I made this video, and there are some still photos too.
And here’s a few pics of my finished card:
Here are my take-aways from working with Gamsol:
- Gamsol is odorless and very easy to work with.
- Heed the cautions on the label, it’s flammable.
- Only for adults.
- You can color back over the areas you’ve used the Gamsol on to add more color and blend it in.
- I got my kit for $15.95 (affiliate link below) and it included everything I needed. But you can just get the Gamsol alone for less.
- It has renewed my love of colored pencils and makes me want to sell my markers!!!!
If you are on a budget- I have a post for you tomorrow where you can get similar results for about$3!
As always, questions and comments welcome and appreciated!
Disclosure: affiliate links below. This is not a sponsored review and I purchased this product with my own funds. All opinions are my own and are based on my first-hand experience with the product.
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017