I recently bought some new rubber stamps and they are perfect for coloring. However, using markers can be a bit challenging and I was ready to pull out my colored pencils again. Recently Jennifer McGuire mentioned Gamsol- a colorless, odorless mineral spirit used for blending pencils and I thought it would be fun to try out!
I made this video, and there are some still photos too.
And here’s a few pics of my finished card:
Here are my take-aways from working with Gamsol:
- Gamsol is odorless and very easy to work with.
- Heed the cautions on the label, it’s flammable.
- Only for adults.
- You can color back over the areas you’ve used the Gamsol on to add more color and blend it in.
- I got my kit for $15.95 (affiliate link below) and it included everything I needed. But you can just get the Gamsol alone for less.
- It has renewed my love of colored pencils and makes me want to sell my markers!!!!
If you are on a budget- I have a post for you tomorrow where you can get similar results for about$3!
As always, questions and comments welcome and appreciated!
Disclosure: affiliate links below. This is not a sponsored review and I purchased this product with my own funds. All opinions are my own and are based on my first-hand experience with the product.
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017