I recently bought some new rubber stamps and they are perfect for coloring. However, using markers can be a bit challenging and I was ready to pull out my colored pencils again. Recently Jennifer McGuire mentioned Gamsol- a colorless, odorless mineral spirit used for blending pencils and I thought it would be fun to try out!
I made this video, and there are some still photos too.
And here’s a few pics of my finished card:
Here are my take-aways from working with Gamsol:
- Gamsol is odorless and very easy to work with.
- Heed the cautions on the label, it’s flammable.
- Only for adults.
- You can color back over the areas you’ve used the Gamsol on to add more color and blend it in.
- I got my kit for $15.95 (affiliate link below) and it included everything I needed. But you can just get the Gamsol alone for less.
- It has renewed my love of colored pencils and makes me want to sell my markers!!!!
If you are on a budget- I have a post for you tomorrow where you can get similar results for about$3!
As always, questions and comments welcome and appreciated!
Disclosure: affiliate links below. This is not a sponsored review and I purchased this product with my own funds. All opinions are my own and are based on my first-hand experience with the product.
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017