I recently bought some new rubber stamps and they are perfect for coloring. However, using markers can be a bit challenging and I was ready to pull out my colored pencils again. Recently Jennifer McGuire mentioned Gamsol- a colorless, odorless mineral spirit used for blending pencils and I thought it would be fun to try out!
I made this video, and there are some still photos too.
And here’s a few pics of my finished card:
Here are my take-aways from working with Gamsol:
- Gamsol is odorless and very easy to work with.
- Heed the cautions on the label, it’s flammable.
- Only for adults.
- You can color back over the areas you’ve used the Gamsol on to add more color and blend it in.
- I got my kit for $15.95 (affiliate link below) and it included everything I needed. But you can just get the Gamsol alone for less.
- It has renewed my love of colored pencils and makes me want to sell my markers!!!!
If you are on a budget- I have a post for you tomorrow where you can get similar results for about$3!
As always, questions and comments welcome and appreciated!
Disclosure: affiliate links below. This is not a sponsored review and I purchased this product with my own funds. All opinions are my own and are based on my first-hand experience with the product.
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017