I’ve been playing with a new technique and developing a class for Grand River Beads. My new beady-friend Maryann and I were scheming to come up with a new 2-part class. I’ll teach PC faces, cabs, and buttons in the AM, and she’ll teach us how to whip them into fabulous bead-embroidered pins in the afternoon.
The faces and buttons are pretty easy, but I wanted something new to do with the cabs…. so out comes all of my stuff onto the dining room table. Foils, inks, and…. lightbulbs! I’m thrilled with the results. Very dimensional and rich!
In the picture above, the two on the right have been glazed with TLS to seal the surface treatment in, and to make that glossy shine. Love it! The three on the left are like the “before” photo. These I just formed by hand.
Here’s a pic of the raw clay, and some lightbulb cabs I baked up last night:
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018