I’ve still got some felt left over from the Felted Chair Covers, so I was looking for a fun, easy way to use some up. I ran across the idea of felted needle cases from Sue Bleiweiss, and I thought I’d do a simple version of that.
I cut the white felt (the cover) with a scallop-edged rotary cutter, about 3 X 4 inches. I cut the inner piece of felt – in this case hot pink – about 3 X 3 inches. I layered the small piece on top of the larger one, folded it in half, and stuck a pin in it to keep it together. Then I sewed from the outside on the left, making the “binding.” (I used a decorative stitch for this. Why not?) I added some little hearts on the outside, hand-stitched a little accent with embroidery floss, and added a button trim.
I got 11 of these whipped up in a morning, and will be sending them out as RAKs… Random Acts of Kindess… to my ClothPaperStudio Yahoo Group sisters. Fun to give, easy to do, and uses up some of that stash!
Why not whip up a few yourself, add a few safety pins and loaded needles, and
- gift your kid’s teachers
- share with your mom, auntie, sister, neighbor
- tuck them away for holiday gifts
- stick one in your purse- you know you need one!
Get inspired by these- much cuter and more elaborate than mine.
Click on the image to visit the site- enjoy!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018