I have been known to enjoy the Shrinky-Dink goodness, so I was excited to see this project from CraftStylish bringing a new, fresh, and slightly more “mature” look to the craft.
The cool frosted “beach glass” look is achieved by using Shrinky Dinks “Frosted Ruff ‘n’Ready” brand of shrink plastic.Â Step-by-step directions are included on the site, but the gist is to stamp your plastic, shrink it in the oven, and then carefully pick it up with tongs and wrap it around a form- like a lip balm tube, marker, etc. (Whatever is closest to the size of your finger.)
Since Halloween is rapidly approaching, it would be cool to make these with little skulls, bats, or pumpkin stamps.
And if you made a larger version, wouldn’t they be cool napkin rings? Just a thought. Happy shrinking!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018