I have been known to enjoy the Shrinky-Dink goodness, so I was excited to see this project from CraftStylish bringing a new, fresh, and slightly more “mature” look to the craft.
The cool frosted “beach glass” look is achieved by using Shrinky Dinks “Frosted Ruff ‘n’Ready” brand of shrink plastic.Â Step-by-step directions are included on the site, but the gist is to stamp your plastic, shrink it in the oven, and then carefully pick it up with tongs and wrap it around a form- like a lip balm tube, marker, etc. (Whatever is closest to the size of your finger.)
Since Halloween is rapidly approaching, it would be cool to make these with little skulls, bats, or pumpkin stamps.
And if you made a larger version, wouldn’t they be cool napkin rings? Just a thought. Happy shrinking!
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017