I have been known to enjoy the Shrinky-Dink goodness, so I was excited to see this project from CraftStylish bringing a new, fresh, and slightly more “mature” look to the craft.
The cool frosted “beach glass” look is achieved by using Shrinky Dinks “Frosted Ruff ‘n’Ready” brand of shrink plastic.Â Step-by-step directions are included on the site, but the gist is to stamp your plastic, shrink it in the oven, and then carefully pick it up with tongs and wrap it around a form- like a lip balm tube, marker, etc. (Whatever is closest to the size of your finger.)
Since Halloween is rapidly approaching, it would be cool to make these with little skulls, bats, or pumpkin stamps.
And if you made a larger version, wouldn’t they be cool napkin rings? Just a thought. Happy shrinking!
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017