- If you have smaller kids, sometimes you don’t want to Halloween to be so scary or gory- so here’s a little fun Frankenstein Lantern you can whip up. He looks great sitting on a mantel or you can put him outside in good weather- he lights up and would look great guiding trick-or-treaters to your door!
- I’ve included some Amazon links to make your shopping easier. I’ll earn a few pennies if you choose to make a purchase, so thanks in advance if you do!
- White Paper Battery-Powered Lantern
- Green Spray Paint
- Krylon Green Glitter Spray
- Black Paint
- Googly Eyes
It’s so easy- just insert the metal brace into the paper lantern to give it shape. Then spray a light coat of spray paint all over. Try not to soak it too much- you don’t want to rip the paper. Let it dry completely. Then add a couple of light coats of green Glitter Spray…. after all, we want Frankenstein to be a little fancy, right? Again, let that dry overnight.
Now add the “hair.” Using a fairly dry brush and light, quick strokes, brush downward from the top and make the hair. Also paint the top bit.
Add circles for eyes, and a zig-zag for the mouth. A little dot of white will make the face complete! Or…use some google eyes!
Let it dry, then you’ve got a fun decoration for your party.And because it lights up, it’s perfect to put on your porch for All Hallow’s Eve!
And if you want to take it to the next level, how about using a silver sharpie marker around the “neck” and glue on a few bolts? That would be fun, too!
Lastly, you might my post on Frankenstein marshmallow pops to round out your Frankenstein party!
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017