I know I’m not alone in loving my coffee brewer….but I do have a modicum of guilt with all of those plastic k-cups that head into the garbage. I’ve come up with a little craft that you could use either as an ornament or a place card setting, depending on how you do it. A little paint, some ribbon and trims, and poof! You have cute Frosty Hats (top hats) made by recycling those k-cups!
You’ll need: (affiliate links):
- recycled k-cups
- Black spray paint (I like Krylon ‘Dual’ Paint & Primer because it works so well on plastic.)
- Stay-Tacky glue (I like Surface Makeover Glue)
- 3/8-Inch Wide Ribbon
- faux greenery
- waxed twine
- odd buttons
- black cardstock
- Circle Cutter
- hot glue sticks & gun
- flat-backed (glitter) pearls
- scissors or craft knife
First, prepare the K-cups by using a craft knife or scissors to remove the foil cap, coffee, and paper filter. Give them a good wash and dry them well. Then coat with black spray paint, using light coats to avoid drips.
If you are using the stay-tacky style glue, add a coat on the rim and set it aside to let it dry.
Then prepare the hanging loop (if you are making an ornament) and brim.
I made you a little video, too- and it’s less than 2 minutes long. Enjoy!
Have fun and be crafty!
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018