What do you get when you cross Frankenstein with marshmallows? FrankenMallow pops, of course! This is a ridiculously simple and cute snack for Halloween, and you only need a few supplies and an hour to make enough for the whole class.
- Jumbo Marshmallows
- lollypop sticks (like these ones from ConsumerCrafts.com)
- Wilton Color Mist food spray in Green and/or powdered food color in orange
- Wilton decorating gels in black and white
TIP: Just to make every thing go more smoothly, get a big sheet of Styrofoam or Oasis foam and place it in the bottom of a baking pan. These things are top-heavy and you’ll need a way to stand them up for presentation and/or serving.
Start off by spraying the sides and top of each marshmallow with the green food spray. Let them dry for a few minutes. Then, place the marshmallow on a lolly stick. Decorate by adding “hair” around the top edge, a few dots for eyes, and a squiggle for the mouth using the black gel. Add little dots of white for the eyes, and a dot on either side to represent the bolts in his neck.
As you can see, I also made SkullyMallow Pops and PumpkinMallow pops with just a few variations- get creative!
Place into the foam to let the gel set up- actually, overnight is best. Add some purple shredded paper to the tray and a few plastic spiders to make serving fun!
You may also like these other kid-friendly Halloween party and treats:
- Frankenstein Lantern
- Batty Tote Bags
- Glow In the Dark Trick or Treat Bags
- Teal Pumpkin Project
- Festive Halloween Juice Box Sleeves
Just a reminder-you can get more fun crafty tips on my Facebook Page, join the conversation on Twitter, or even follow my Pins on Pinterest. And if you don’t want to miss a single day of CTD, sign up for my email list on the side bar. Thanks!
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018