I love to review and try out new acrylic paints- they are so versatile for wood, paper, mixed media, home decor- EVERYTHING! And these new Color Shift paints from Folk Art are seriously blowing my mind. Rich, shimmery colors with a flash of iridescence- it makes my crafty heart go pitter-pat.
From the Plaid Website:
Give your next DIY craft project a metallic luster that shifts in changing light with FolkArt Color Shift Metallic Paint! Part of the FolkArt creative system of paints and finishes, the Color Shift paints dry to a beautiful gloss finish and can be used on indoor and outdoor projects. FolkArt Color Shift Metallic Paint is water-based—meaning that it’s completely non-toxic—and made in the USA.
I found these to be a low-odor, medium body paint- very smooth and rich. Interestingly, they almost act like a glaze. There is a lot of clear medium in these which allow the shimmery particles to shine.
I made this video to show you!
I found these paints to be ideal for gelli printing, journaling, and mixed media. If you wanted to use them for home decor, you might need to paint in multiple coats to get adequate coverage.
Let’s take one more look at my samples:
I am just entranced by them… it’s so much fun to layer them, too! It’s rekindled my love of gelli printing all over again, too. 🙂
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017