I love to review and try out new acrylic paints- they are so versatile for wood, paper, mixed media, home decor- EVERYTHING! And these new Color Shift paints from Folk Art are seriously blowing my mind. Rich, shimmery colors with a flash of iridescence- it makes my crafty heart go pitter-pat.
From the Plaid Website:
Give your next DIY craft project a metallic luster that shifts in changing light with FolkArt Color Shift Metallic Paint! Part of the FolkArt creative system of paints and finishes, the Color Shift paints dry to a beautiful gloss finish and can be used on indoor and outdoor projects. FolkArt Color Shift Metallic Paint is water-based—meaning that it’s completely non-toxic—and made in the USA.
I found these to be a low-odor, medium body paint- very smooth and rich. Interestingly, they almost act like a glaze. There is a lot of clear medium in these which allow the shimmery particles to shine.
I made this video to show you!
I found these paints to be ideal for gelli printing, journaling, and mixed media. If you wanted to use them for home decor, you might need to paint in multiple coats to get adequate coverage.
Let’s take one more look at my samples:
I am just entranced by them… it’s so much fun to layer them, too! It’s rekindled my love of gelli printing all over again, too. 🙂
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017