I love to review and try out new acrylic paints- they are so versatile for wood, paper, mixed media, home decor- EVERYTHING! And these new Color Shift paints from Folk Art are seriously blowing my mind. Rich, shimmery colors with a flash of iridescence- it makes my crafty heart go pitter-pat.
From the Plaid Website:
Give your next DIY craft project a metallic luster that shifts in changing light with FolkArt Color Shift Metallic Paint! Part of the FolkArt creative system of paints and finishes, the Color Shift paints dry to a beautiful gloss finish and can be used on indoor and outdoor projects. FolkArt Color Shift Metallic Paint is water-based—meaning that it’s completely non-toxic—and made in the USA.
I found these to be a low-odor, medium body paint- very smooth and rich. Interestingly, they almost act like a glaze. There is a lot of clear medium in these which allow the shimmery particles to shine.
I made this video to show you!
I found these paints to be ideal for gelli printing, journaling, and mixed media. If you wanted to use them for home decor, you might need to paint in multiple coats to get adequate coverage.
Let’s take one more look at my samples:
I am just entranced by them… it’s so much fun to layer them, too! It’s rekindled my love of gelli printing all over again, too. 🙂
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017