I love to review and try out new acrylic paints- they are so versatile for wood, paper, mixed media, home decor- EVERYTHING! And these new Color Shift paints from Folk Art are seriously blowing my mind. Rich, shimmery colors with a flash of iridescence- it makes my crafty heart go pitter-pat.
From the Plaid Website:
Give your next DIY craft project a metallic luster that shifts in changing light with FolkArt Color Shift Metallic Paint! Part of the FolkArt creative system of paints and finishes, the Color Shift paints dry to a beautiful gloss finish and can be used on indoor and outdoor projects. FolkArt Color Shift Metallic Paint is water-based—meaning that it’s completely non-toxic—and made in the USA.
I found these to be a low-odor, medium body paint- very smooth and rich. Interestingly, they almost act like a glaze. There is a lot of clear medium in these which allow the shimmery particles to shine.
I made this video to show you!
I found these paints to be ideal for gelli printing, journaling, and mixed media. If you wanted to use them for home decor, you might need to paint in multiple coats to get adequate coverage.
Let’s take one more look at my samples:
I am just entranced by them… it’s so much fun to layer them, too! It’s rekindled my love of gelli printing all over again, too. 🙂
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018