Going the the Craft and Hobby Mega Show is a must, not just to drool at the new product releases for 2015, but also to spot trends and colors that will be must-haves for crafting and home decor.
Wanna peek? I made you a video:
But just to recap…..
The trend of shimmer and shine extends from home decor to paper crafting to fashion. There is even a new foiling machine from Heidi Swapp called the Minc! Foiling is HUGE.
This trend shows no signs of slowing- new markers, fabric products, and mediums that are to be used on black surfaces keep popping up.
Yes, it can be a bit overwhelming…but paired with the aforementioned black/chalk backgrounds, neons are fresh. And the “it” neon? Teal green!
I’m still seeing lots of hexagons, polka-dots, stripes, and even chevrons are still holding on. My pick is the jewel or gemstone shapes like the one in the die shown above.
Undeniably the biggest trend so far! Heidi Swapp has make-your-own Marquee Light kits (spotted already at Michael’s Stores), Styrofoam is recreating them, and even tech-craft start-ups like Chibi and Lightseeds are offering ways to brighten up your crafting!
I’ve spotted a few of these in action in stores already. Take a look at the Valentine’s Day set up at Target stores, spotted the day after I got home:
Neon AND faux-marquee lights!
Which of these trends do you love? Will you use them in your crafting? Any you hate? We’d love to hear your opinion!
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018