I love a good punch! But I’ve ruined a few punching things like metal and shrink plastic. Fiskars must have been nanny-camming my studio, since now they have a thick materials punch that is tough with thick materials but pretty easy on the hands.
Disclosure: Samples provided for review purposes; however my opinions are honest and my own and based on my first-hand experience. I was not financially compensated for this review/video nor does the product company have any control over it’s content. Some links below may be affiliate links and I will be compensated with a portion of the purchase price- usually 5-7%. So thank you for your support!
Here’s how they are described on the Fiskars Website:
Now you can create with thick and tough materials like aluminum cans, cardboard, balsa wood, milk jugs, foam and more thanks to our exclusive new punch design.
Whether you’re passionate about creating home décor, upcycling projects, unique cards, scrapbooks or out-of-the-box crafts from unexpected elements, our Thick Materials Shape Punch will help you push your creative boundaries further than ever before. A high-performance design makes it easy to punch shapes from a wide variety of thick and tough materials by simply depressing the lever. This means you don’t need to buy pre-made embellishments or spend lots of time cutting shapes to create with the eye-catching materials you’ve always wanted to use. It also offers a lightweight, portable design that is easy to take along to crops, unlike heavy die-cutting machines. All Thick Materials Shape Punches include a built-in lock for space-saving storage and a Softgrip® punch button for comfortable use.
- Ideal for punching unique embellishments from thick and tough craft materials like cardboard, balsa wood, foam, cardstock, chipboard, corkboard, foil, printed cotton paper, canvas, photos and more
- Punches recycled materials found around the home, like aluminum cans, milk jugs, cereal boxes, newspapers, magazines, postcards, junk mail and more
- Punches multiple layers of light craft paper to reduce repeat punches on big projects or when layering for dimension
- Portable design makes it more convenient than large die-cutting machines when crafting on the go
- Locks down when not in use for space-saving storage
- Softgrip® punch button makes repetitive punching more comfortable
- Size: 2″
- Lifetime warranty
Of course, I made you a video. Really, that’s just the best format for craft product reviews!
And here’s a still of those shapes I got:
Some things to keep in mind:
- The opening is only 1/8 inch thick, so it won’t punch things thicker than that.
- Not suitable for material.
- Big surface for pressing down
- Smooth punching motion
- Punch shape is a little small for the size of the punch. These are not huge punches.
- Fiskars products have a lifetime warranty!
- Pricing: MSRP $17.99-$25.99 USD
These are still rolling out, so I don’t know who is carrying them.
Would you use big punches?
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017