Yup, it’s officially the vernal equinox, although you’d be hard-pressed to tell it from the fresh snow on the ground here in NE Ohio. Nevertheless, spring is on it’s way… there are tender shoots of crocus, tulip, and daffodils poking their heads up in my yard.
Nora Jean in my City-o-Clay yahoo group had this to say about this auspicious day:
The Spring Equinox is also known as: Alban Eilir, Eostar, Eostre, Feast of Annunciation of the Blessed
Virgin Mary, Festival of Trees, Lady Day, NawRuz, No
Ruz, Ostara, Ostra, Rites of Spring, and the Vernal
It is also Persian New Year. “Aday Shoma Mombarek” to
our Persian ClayMates.
It is also the Astrological New Year. You thought it
was safe to pack up those noisemakers, but March 20
marks more than just the vernal equinox — it’s also
the day the Sun moves into Aries, the first sign of
This page gives a list of more celebrations that take
place at this time of year.
Thanks, Nora Jean for those tidbits. I always knew it was a great day for my birthday!
Oh, and a fond thought of Fred Rodgers, who also was my birthday-mate. (Won’t you be my neighbor?)
(And happy-giving-birthday, Mom. Love you!)
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018