Today we are taking a look at a product that’s been around a while- Fireworks! Shimmer Sprays from Imagine Crafts. These sparkly, dye-based opaque shimmer sprays are pretty amazing.
Disclosure: product provided for review purposes. My opinions are honest and based on my first-hand experience with the product. I was not compensated for this review. Some links below may be affiliate links, which help support this website with no added cost to you. 🙂
So…. these have been around for awhile in the 1/2 ounce bottles- but it came to my attention that there were being re-released in 2 ounce sizes. (More! Bigger! YES!)
From the company:
Fireworks! sprays add color and shimmer to any paper-crafting project. Their unique water-based formulation allows Fireworks! inks to be highly visible on both light and dark cardstock—something no dye ink spray can claim! Fireworks! are available in a wide range of colors complementary to our Memento dye ink line of inkpads and markers, so no matter how you want to color, the Memento family has you covered.
- Fast drying on most paper surfaces
- Add color with metallic sparkle and shimmer to your artwork
- Acid free
But of course, I needed TRY it out for myself.
I’ve been in the habit of doing live reviews on Periscope, but then editing them down so they are more “YouTube friendly.” Take a look at this 8 minute review, complete with demo & samples!
So… It performed beautifully on all of the surfaces, and WOW that shimmer on black paper!
I can’t wait to get my hands on the rest of the colors- there are 24 in total, and they match the Memento stamp colors. While that’s not important to me, the way they look on black IS! It’s stunning! And I like how quickly they “grab” into the paper and become permanent… they move around very little on dry surfaces, and once they ARE dry you can layer them.
What are your thoughts? Leave me a comment and let me know!
And if you’d like to go shopping, I have a link for you: http://amzn.to/2mWXy0j
Or they are available at blitsy!
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017