Today we are taking a look at a product that’s been around a while- Fireworks! Shimmer Sprays from Imagine Crafts. These sparkly, dye-based opaque shimmer sprays are pretty amazing.
Disclosure: product provided for review purposes. My opinions are honest and based on my first-hand experience with the product. I was not compensated for this review. Some links below may be affiliate links, which help support this website with no added cost to you. 🙂
So…. these have been around for awhile in the 1/2 ounce bottles- but it came to my attention that there were being re-released in 2 ounce sizes. (More! Bigger! YES!)
From the company:
Fireworks! sprays add color and shimmer to any paper-crafting project. Their unique water-based formulation allows Fireworks! inks to be highly visible on both light and dark cardstock—something no dye ink spray can claim! Fireworks! are available in a wide range of colors complementary to our Memento dye ink line of inkpads and markers, so no matter how you want to color, the Memento family has you covered.
- Fast drying on most paper surfaces
- Add color with metallic sparkle and shimmer to your artwork
- Acid free
But of course, I needed TRY it out for myself.
I’ve been in the habit of doing live reviews on Periscope, but then editing them down so they are more “YouTube friendly.” Take a look at this 8 minute review, complete with demo & samples!
So… It performed beautifully on all of the surfaces, and WOW that shimmer on black paper!
I can’t wait to get my hands on the rest of the colors- there are 24 in total, and they match the Memento stamp colors. While that’s not important to me, the way they look on black IS! It’s stunning! And I like how quickly they “grab” into the paper and become permanent… they move around very little on dry surfaces, and once they ARE dry you can layer them.
What are your thoughts? Leave me a comment and let me know!
And if you’d like to go shopping, I have a link for you: http://amzn.to/2mWXy0j
Or they are available at blitsy!
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017