Talking with my friend Dawn today, and she was looking for some fun felt crafts for V-day. I was doing a search, and found this one for chair covers. How cute is this?!???
I’m thinking that each of the kids could decorate their own- maybe personalized with an initial.
- Make them with a pocket on the back for notes, mail, or toys. (My kids always have toys at the table, and it’s a quick place to stow them when dinner is ready.
- Make them to fit the backs of wheelchairs and give some local nursing home residents a real boost!
- Make them to fit kids’ chairs for school. My son’s first grade teacher has one for each chair in the classroom, and there is a pocket at the bottom for handouts and small books.
- Stitch on a vinyl badge protector– like the ones they hand out at conferences- and use them as a changable photo display.
- You also could follow the basic instructions, but then sew the bottom together- maybe with a fun fringe (?) and then use it as a festive wall hanging.
We have a place in our living room just for seasonal quilts that I make. I’ve placed 2 3M Command wall hooks 12 inches apart, and on each wall hanging I sew 2 plastic o-rings 12 inches apart…. so I can swap them out without a problem. Clever, huh?
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018