Start Ups from Buttons Galore and More might just be my favorite product from the site! I love their smooth, white surface… like a canvas just begging to be painted upon. I rifled through my sticker stash in order to come up with this easy-peasy faux cloisonne technique.
- Start Ups- I used tags and circles
- Peel-Off type stickers- I used Magenta brand
- Alcohol-based markers- I used Letraset ProMarkers
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
- Krylon Spray Sealer
- Earring findings, jump rings, connectors.
To make these, I simply peeled a sticker off of the sheet and applied it to the Start-Ups, burnishing it down a bit with a fingernail. Then I colored in the lines using my alcohol based markers.
When the ink was dry I added a coat of Mod Podge Dimensional Magic over the whole thing to pull off the Cloisonne effect. Or, like in this example, you can choose to do only one area to add pop to your piece.
Once the Mod Podge Dimensional Magic is all dry, add jump rings and earring findings and you are ready to roll. (If you leave some areas without the Dimensional Magic, I’d suggest spraying the pieces with a coat or two of Krylon Triple Thick in order to keep the ink from scratching off in the future.
No one needs to know you raided your paper crafting stash to make your jewelry!
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017