Start Ups from Buttons Galore and More might just be my favorite product from the site! I love their smooth, white surface… like a canvas just begging to be painted upon. I rifled through my sticker stash in order to come up with this easy-peasy faux cloisonne technique.
- Start Ups- I used tags and circles
- Peel-Off type stickers- I used Magenta brand
- Alcohol-based markers- I used Letraset ProMarkers
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
- Krylon Spray Sealer
- Earring findings, jump rings, connectors.
To make these, I simply peeled a sticker off of the sheet and applied it to the Start-Ups, burnishing it down a bit with a fingernail. Then I colored in the lines using my alcohol based markers.
When the ink was dry I added a coat of Mod Podge Dimensional Magic over the whole thing to pull off the Cloisonne effect. Or, like in this example, you can choose to do only one area to add pop to your piece.
Once the Mod Podge Dimensional Magic is all dry, add jump rings and earring findings and you are ready to roll. (If you leave some areas without the Dimensional Magic, I’d suggest spraying the pieces with a coat or two of Krylon Triple Thick in order to keep the ink from scratching off in the future.
No one needs to know you raided your paper crafting stash to make your jewelry!
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017