I read an article today in our local paper called “Medical ID Bracelets Become Stylish” and had a head-slapping-I-wish-I-thought-of-that moment.Â Of course! Who wouldn’t want a cuter, more stylish medical ID bracelet?
After working in the medical field for many years, I know firsthand how important and potentially life-saving these ID bracelets and tags are. If you or someone you know needs a medical ID tag, here are some resources for jazzin’ those babies up!
- www.LaurensHope.com Â This site offers a wide variety of styles, from child-centered to elegant swarovski crystal, to leather and rubber tubes for the guys. It also features “awareness” bracelets (like for cancer), and straight-up mothers day bracelets.
- www.Beadin-Beagle.comÂ Their tag-line is “Made by a patient for a patient.” (That’s where I snagged the image from, too.) They also sell a variety of styles, as well as medical ID cell phone charms, belt-loop/clip-on IDs, and other jewelry items.
- LifeTag by Susan Einsen is another resource if you are crafty and want to make your own. A fine jeweler with Type I diabetes, she is passionate about making your Medical ID look like good jewelry. She can customize your tag in precious metals or by adding gemstones.Â She also offers an adhesive version to stick on to watch straps, for instance.Â For you craftistas who want to make your own bracelet or necklace, and then add a high-quality medical ID tag, this is the place for you. Oh, and she donates a dollar from each sale to Diabetes research, too. She even sells a d0-it-yourself-kit for $18.00, which includes the clasp, cord, and tag. You get to pick your own beads to really customize your bracelet.Â How cool is that?
I love it when crafting becomes functional and stylish!
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017