I’m the mom to two kids, and I love to participate in their school events. A few years ago I came up with the idea of decorating the juice boxes for their Halloween class party- I mean, why shouldn’t the drinks be as cute as everything else? And this year I’ve modified the design so that the kids can take the cuffs OFF the juice boxes and take them home to use as napkin rings…or wear as bracelets!
So here’s what you need:
- Core’Dinations cardstock
- Cuttlebug & embossing folder (I used swirls)
- Foamie pumpkin shapes and/or leaf stickers
- 3-D Glue Dots
- Bic Mark-its
Start of by measuring the juice boxes you’ll use, then add 1 inch for overlap. Cut your strips 2″ by this number. Mine were 7 inches, so I added one to make 8 inch strips. By planning my cutting, I got 10 strips out of one 12X12 piece of Core’Dinations cardstock.
Using your Cuttlebug, emboss the middle of the strips. (In past years, I used a strip of coordinating patterned paper- but with 55 boxes to embellish, that’s a LOT of paper! This is cheaper and I LOVE the texture.) Using your sand paper, lightly sand the top of the embossed Core’Dinations paper to reveal the color underneath.
Here’s a tip: cut the front and top off of an old cereal box, leaving the sides and bottom as a sanding tray!
Next, cut the slits in the edges. About 1/2 inch in from one end, cut a slit halfway from the bottom to the top. On the other end of your paper cuff, cut it half way from the top to the bottom. They’ll notch together perfectly.
Ok, now let’s do the fun part- decorating! I’d found cute leaf Foamie stickers, but only plain pumpkins…and they were kinda thin, too! No problem! I used Bic Mark-its to embellish them a little. They work GREAT on Foamies, and are low-odor, too! (Read my review of them, if you like.)
Ta-Da! Cute and fun, and pretty inexpensive. I love the fact that you can then remove them from the juice box without ripping them and re-use them as bracelets (even the boys did this in the 3rd grade class last year) or as napkin rings. Take a look:
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017