While I’m not a fashion blogger (heck, I’m not fashionable in any sense of the word) I DO love to see the color forecasts from Pantone. They’ve recently released their Fall 2014 Fashion Report, forecasting color trends for both women’s and men’s fashion.
For women, the colors are rich and certainly not dull. Notice that Radiant Orchid (the Pantone 2014 Color of the Year) dominates. And it pairs beautifully with Aluminum, Misted Yellow, Mauve Mist, and Cognac.
The colors for Mens’ fashion are almost exactly the same!!! The only swap was Sea Fog instead of Mauve Mist.
I’m also a fan of the following color combinations:
For general Fall cards/crafts:
For feminine projects:
For masculine projects:
As you can see, I really am loving the Misted Yellow as my go-with-anything color. (Maybe I’m partial because it’s a CraftTestDummies-like hue??) I can see adding a little pop of yellow to perk up those fall projects, just like a beautiful yellow leaf brightens the fall landscape.
Here are a few things I made with the color palettes:
OH- and I made a little video about these cards using this sketch if you’d like to take a peek:
Which set do you like better? I’d love to hear from you!
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018