It’s Friday again, and I really liked the mojo we had going on last week- I share a few cool crafty finds on the web, and you all comment for a chance to win some crafty goodies. You up for that again today? Yes? Me too. Let’s roll.
So this week I found a few things I really loved. The first came to me through the Operation Write Home newsletter. It spoke to me as a “paper hoarder”- someone who has a stash of papers that are so lovely I hate to cut them and use them up! One of their members, Seongsook, has devised a way to cut up ONE 12X12 piece of paper and make EIGHT cards! I’m setting a goal to try this myself this week. Here’s the diagram, but please click over to her blog to read all of the instructions and see what the cards look like and leave her a sweet love note!
Next up is a cool food craft brought to my attention by my sister, who is working on a Pirate Party for my nephew’s birthday. She found these cute pirate ship snacks from Make N Takes! The photos on the original post seem to be broken (awww!) but Holly’s version is super-cute.
It’s hard to tell on the photo, but these are cups of blue jello with gummy sharks in them- with orange-wedge “ships” sailing on top! Cute, right? You can click HERE to get the Pirate Flag printable.
Lastly, I’m going to share a blast-from-the-past craft from right here on CTD!
Father’s Day is right around the corner- and if you’ve got some fabric glue, and old necktie and some embellishments, you’ve got a gift!
I like the simple version with the puffy-paint monogram, but you can customize it however you’d like. It’s an easy no-sew craft, too- so older kids can even get in on this one! Click the link here for the full step-out.
Well, there you go- fun things to work on this week! What would you try first?
If you’d like to enter the giveaway of a mystery box of crafty goodness (Stamps, ink, papers, decorative scissors, washi tape…you just never know exactly what I’ll have on hand!) just leave a comment on this post on which craft idea you’d perhaps try. I’ll pick a comment randomly on Saturday May 31 and contact them via email. International friends may enter if they pay their own shipping costs.
Have a great holiday weekend, my US pals!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018