If you’ve been following along on Instagram or Periscope, you know that I’m working to reorganize the studio once again. (Does it ever end?) I’m getting my fabric stash wrangled with Polar Notions Fabric Organizers.
These are simply pieces of stiff plastic with a little notch. You fold your fabric from selvedge to selvedge, and fold again. You can fit a whole bolt on the large size, and up to a yard on the smaller ones.
Here’s a little video I made for you!
Of course, you could cut your own, but lately I realize that in the time I spend to find the right plastic (I wouldn’t use cardboard because there is acid in paper that can damage your fabric) and cut them out, I’m spending a lot of time. So frankly I’m happy buying them (although these were provided for review purposes) and spending more time on getting the job done.
I went from this:
I have a little more to fold and organize…but I’ve run out of Polar Notions organizers! (One more 10-pack of each should take care of it.)
I’m going to need a few more to wrangle all of my fabric, but it will certainly all fit into two of my organizer drawers! (This was spread out over THREE drawers in my storage area. So that means with my newly-found space I can go fabric shopping, right?
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018