All this week I’ve been working on the Martha Stewart Jewelry products reviews and tutorials. The result? I have jewelry-making on the brain AND a lot of jewelry making goodies to give away!
First, let’s take one more look at the necklace I made for a sponsored post:
This necklace, made of sodapop tabs, was made by the author’s granddaughter as a fundraiser a while back on PassionatlyCrafty. I love it because it’s a piece of recycled jewelry that doesn’t hide what it is- truly recycled. But it’s still lovely, well-made, and stylish. Click over to the site for the whole story of the African Mission that the funds go to as well as the email to contact the Marye. I’m not sure that these are still available, but DANG I want one. And a tutorial! ; )
You all know of my deep and abiding love and respect for all things polymer clay. Well, if you’d like to spend some time sucking in your breath and being blown away by artistry and intricacy, then click over to Eva Thissen’s Flickr Gallery. The style that of polymer shown in the earrings above replicates crewel-work and embroidery- but she’s got more styles of jewelry as well. And each more beautiful than the last. Her work is available on Etsy (where I have purchased some loverly earrings) but currently the shop is closed as she’s on vacation until June 10th 2013. But make sure you stop by when it re-opens!
Lastly, I have a tutorial for you- it’s from our own Vicki O’Dell the Creative Goddess (and managing editor of CTD)- a recycled gift-card necklace. I like it because it really doesn’t use any fancy tools or supplied (unless you consider alcohol inks fancy) and I bet it’s nice and light-weight for summer. I have a guitar-pick punch and will be trying out this necklace using that!
So there you go- a bit of jewelry love this Friday. If you’d like to win a box of jewelry-making goodies, including but not limited to:
- a set of jewelry-making pliers and cutters
- wire & stringing materials
- loose beads and charms
- jewelry magazines to inspire you
This is a pretty good prize especially if you’d love to try jewelry-making but haven’t really gotten a lot of supplies yet OR you are just the kind of person who wants ALL the candy! : )
To enter, just leave a comment in the section below and I’ll choose a winner next Saturday, June 8th & contact the winner via email. (No need to leave it, my blog will capture your email so that it’s not visible to future spammers.) International friends are welcome but they will have to pay the shipping and duties to their respective countries.
Have a safe and happy weekend!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018