Here’s a post I recently shared on CraftsUnleashed that I made as part of their design team.
Like most, I look forward to Valentineâ€™s day to do a little something special- and the CraftsUnleashed â€œLoveâ€ challenge gave me a perfect excuse to create a tablescape that creates a warm, romantic look!
To create this tablescape, weâ€™ll be etching some vases to spell â€œLOVEâ€- youâ€™ll be surprised how easy it is!
Letâ€™s get started! Youâ€™ll need:
- TWO Unity Vase sets
- Armour glass etching cream kit
- 5â€³ octagonal mirrors (6)
- Cracked Ice Decoative Crystals
- food color (optional)
- palette knife
- 3â€³ circle punch
- craft vinyl
- alphabet stickers (or, like me, cut them using the Cricut)
First, prepare you vases for etching- just wipe them down with a little glass cleaner. Then, make stencils by cutting out 3 inch squares of craft vinyl, then punching a 2â€³ circle. Determine your placement on the vase and smooth this down, smoothing down any wrinkles. Then place your letter sticker in the middle of the circle. (I cut mine using the Storybook cartridge at 1 1/4â€³ inch.)
Use the palette knife to spread a layer of etching cream over the area within the circle, following the directions on the package. (Read my review of Armour Etch Cream here.) Wait 10 minutes, then rinse off the cream before removing the stencils.
Itâ€™ll take 6 hours for it to fully hydrate, so mix upÂ Cracked Ice the day before your special event. Cracked Ice is a polymer that, when you mix it with water, grows 200% and looks likeâ€¦.wellâ€¦.cracked ice! Itâ€™s great for live and silk floral arrangements, and can be tinted with food coloring. If you like it to be all clear, mix up 4 cups worth. If you like the ombre effect I have in mine, then mix up the Cracked Ice in 3 batches as follows:
- 1 cup batch, adding 3 drops of red food color
- 1 cup batch, adding 1 drop of red food color
- 2 cup batch, no food coloring
Cracked Ice before and after hydrating. Amazing, right?
When youâ€™re ready to assemble your tablescape, place 6 mirrors in a zig-zag fashion in the middle of the table or buffet. Place the 2 heart-shaped vases on either end, and then place the 4 LOVE vases in between.Â Place about 1/8 cup of the dark pink Cracked Ice in each bud vase, and 1/4 cup in each of the heart vases. Do the same for the light pink. Then top it off with the clear Cracked Ice, using 1/4 cup in each of the bud vases and 1/2 cup in the heart vases.
Place a taper candle in the heart vases, and a few roses or tulips in the bud vases. Subtle, yet elegant and OH-so-special! And really easy, too. And donâ€™t we all LOVE that???
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017