OK, confession: I’m on Weight-Watchers. And a major part of the program isn’t completely restricting what you eat and drink, but you DO have to watch and control your portions. This goes for wine, too. And since I do like a glass of vino now and then, I thought I’d made my own special glass to hold my five ounces of joy!
I chose a stemless wine glass and measured out 5 ounces of water and poured it in the glass. Then, using a Bic Mark it, I drew a line all the way around to know where to do my etching.
I used plain ol’ painters tape along the line, and burnished it down well with my fingernail.
I then applied the Armour Etch Cream (see my review of that here) to the bottom of the glass.
Now, you could leave it here and you’d have done the job- now you know just where to fill your glass! But of course, I wanted to go just one teensy step further and add my monogram. After all this is MY special glass!
I chose the flower head icon of the Songbird Cartridge (using my “j” monogram) for the Cricut and cut it out at 3″, using some craft vinyl. Now, instead of using the actual cut-out, I used the negative space and the “j” and applied it to the glass. Apply a second round of etching cream, and reveal!
So there it is…my special, portion-control wine glass. (Works great for juice, too!) Even if you aren’t on Weight-Watchers, a set of these would be lovely to have on hand for parties. Or, make a set and give as a hostess or house-warming present.
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017