OK, confession: I’m on Weight-Watchers. And a major part of the program isn’t completely restricting what you eat and drink, but you DO have to watch and control your portions. This goes for wine, too. And since I do like a glass of vino now and then, I thought I’d made my own special glass to hold my five ounces of joy!
I chose a stemless wine glass and measured out 5 ounces of water and poured it in the glass. Then, using a Bic Mark it, I drew a line all the way around to know where to do my etching.
I used plain ol’ painters tape along the line, and burnished it down well with my fingernail.
I then applied the Armour Etch Cream (see my review of that here) to the bottom of the glass.
Now, you could leave it here and you’d have done the job- now you know just where to fill your glass! But of course, I wanted to go just one teensy step further and add my monogram. After all this is MY special glass!
I chose the flower head icon of the Songbird Cartridge (using my “j” monogram) for the Cricut and cut it out at 3″, using some craft vinyl. Now, instead of using the actual cut-out, I used the negative space and the “j” and applied it to the glass. Apply a second round of etching cream, and reveal!
So there it is…my special, portion-control wine glass. (Works great for juice, too!) Even if you aren’t on Weight-Watchers, a set of these would be lovely to have on hand for parties. Or, make a set and give as a hostess or house-warming present.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018