Like a lot of crafters, I use a printer fairly often- to print out pictures, make headlines, copy paper, print out instructions and sketches- well, I use it almost everyday! Epson offeren me an EcoTank to try out, and I had to say “yes”- this is a whole different animal than what I am used to!
Now, this model is classified for the “Workforce”- so it may be a bit much for your home. But I have 3 kids in school and they are also using a printer weekly for reports, schedules and assignments, so it’s not too big for us. Here’s a bit from the website:
The WorkForce ET-4550 EcoTank wireless all-in-one (affiliate link) comes loaded and ready with up to 2 years of ink in the box1. That’s an incredible amount of ink – enough to print up to 11,000 black/8500 color pages2, and equivalent to about 50 ink cartridge sets3. It delivers an unbeatable combination of convenience and value, with ultra low-cost replacement ink bottles and innovative refillable ink tanks. It’s ready when you are – with the freedom to print in color. Powered by PrecisionCore®, the ET-4550 delivers high-speed, laser-quality black text. Plus, auto 2-sided printing, 30-page Auto Document Feeder, and easy wireless printing from tablets and smartphones4.
Crafters may enjoy the ET-2550, which as a built in slot for SD cards- super helpful for printing out photos!
Wireless • Print • Copy • Scan
Includes enough ink to print up to:
Step up to:
- 1.44″ LCD
- Wi-Fi Direct6 — wireless printing without a network
- Print photos, PC-free — built-in card slot7
But back to my version. I made you TWO videos this time- one is just unboxing and set up, since that can be intimidating…take a look:
Now that you’ve seen me set it up, let’s take a look at print samples from the Epson EcoTank!
So just to recap:
Your print settings on the computer must match your paper settings– not just on the printer itself!!!
Make sure you check those settings!!
That was a frustrating lesson to learn, but well… to live IS to learn, right? I just hope it saves someone out there from that same frustration I felt.
And now, few pics of those samples.
I am already using the Epson Workforce Eco Tank et-4550 almost daily- and I LOVE that I can see the ink levels!! No confusion or running out in the middle of a project. And less landfill waste, too!
What are your thoughts? I’m happy to answer any questions I can!
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017